Friday, November 2, 2007

Balance

I've always been the kind of person that needs time alone; to regroup and allow myself to just be. I can get caught up in things, and be so wrapped up that I've forgotten about all the other things in my life that need "doing".

I've been struggling to find the balance between being a good Mama to my son, a partner to my husband, all those endless tasks that are life, and still giving myself time to be just me. I wouldn't change the way my life turned out for anything, don't get me wrong. But, I'm finding that sometimes I forget who I actually am.

So, I've decided that I need to make a goal for myself. I will make sure that I do something, ANYTHING, for myself at least once a week. Even if it turns out to be going for a drive in my car with the music turned too loud. Or, a quiet trip to the local library without chasing my son through the aisles! I don't care if it's only 15 minutes.

I may end up just knitting in my bedroom with the door shut, but that is ok too!

No comments: