Saturday, January 26, 2008

Loquat Tree

My garden has been surviving the drought we are in fairly well. I tried to plant drought resistant plants, but I do have a couple that need to be watered on occasion. I've got the itch to start planting again. Unfortunately, this drought has brought on even stricter water conservation rules. Which, means I will not be putting any new plants in for awhile. I do follow our water regulations.

Which, is why it was quite a happy surprise to spot the loquats forming on our tree! I took a few pictures. This is the first year we have had fruit, and it's an exciting time. We've never eaten loquats before. I've been reading up on harvesting and how to consume them. They sound delicious. We don't have very many, but we are anxious just the same.



No comments: