Friday, January 18, 2008

Color

I am always amazed at all the wildlife here in Florida. I always have plenty of creatures to take pictures of, which I love. So, about a month back when we saw a man running with his camera phone pointed at something that resembled a peacock, right in our neighborhood, I was upset that my camera batteries were being charged. I figured it was a once in a lifetime sighting.

Until this morning when my husband was leaving for work and called to tell the Boy and I too look out our front window. Before looking, I grabbed my camera because there was no way I was missing a chance for a picture. By the time I looked out, the peacock was in my neighbors back yard. He was picking at their orange tree. I couldn't get a picture, but he must reside around us.

After researching a bit, I learned wild peacocks do live in Florida. They are a protected animal, but can be a nuisance to home owners. I am keeping my camera ready now because I want to post a picture. I am still in awe at the beauty of nature.

Please check out the video! That is not me nor my home in the video.

3 comments:

Likestrek said...

That's not you? Huh... :P

Tara said...

You have a PEACOCK in your (neighbor's) yard?!?!? No fair!

I'll trade all my damn squirrels for a peacock!

Check out the quote at the top of my friend's blog- this is what the peacock in the yard reminded me of: http://www.boffopanda.com

:-)

Cathy said...

Tara~I saw the peacock again, strolling down the front lawn. It is really bizarre!

Thank you for sharing the blog! That quote really is fitting! ;)