Saturday, January 5, 2008

First one of the season, of the new year






This pretty much sums up the last couple days. The pollen count is almost the highest I think I have ever seen, but how can you distinguish this time of year? I'm treating us like it's a cold, but how I wish it were just really bad allergies. The teas, herbs, homeopathics and neti pots are out. Lots of rest, book reading and snuggles. Not bad, but more fun when you don't feel like your face is going to fall off.

I'd highly recommend using a neti pot. Here is more info about usage. I have had mine for over 5 years, and it was a great investment. My husband recently started using one fairly regularly and has noticed a big improvement. The Boy is a bit too young for the neti, so he uses Xlear.

I spend a lot of time trying to keep everyone in my family from getting sick. I feel pretty defeated when we do get ill. We are pretty healthy, so I'm not complaining about that. It's tough being a Mama sometimes.

No comments: