Saturday, October 20, 2007

Unplanned gardening



It's amazing how you can leave a garden center with plants you never planned on purchasing. Especially when you have other projects started that have been left unfinished. Or when all you needed was a bag of organic soil. But, then out of the corner of your eye you spot something. A new fruit tree to add to the other fruit trees in your yard. A very simple banana tree.



Of course, moments after getting home, there comes the realization that one banana tree just wouldn't look right. So, you send a willing husband back out to grab just one more banana tree.



We decided to use up some of that stone we had previously ripped out(again, unfinished project?), to make a nice border. One banana tree with border down, and one more to go. I'm just loving these trees.




And of course, we also got another Mandevilla for the white picket fence. This time in pink. It's tiny, but has a lot of room to grow.




And finally, this mystery plant. I don't know what the name is, but it was grown locally. I'll probably call the farm on Monday. It found the perfect shady spot in a back corner. It may not have a name, but it really stands out. I love gardening. If you told me ten years ago that I'd be gardening, I would have laughed at you.

No comments: