Sunday, December 16, 2007

The scent of cinnamon

I've been wanting to make cinnamon ornaments for a couple years now. I never seemed to get around to it, but this year I made it happen. The recipe I had previously disappeared, so I had to find a new one. I ended up using this one. Since it was Saturday the Boy and I were accompanied by Bubba. We searched all over our town for a large amount of cinnamon. Finally, on a whim, we found really inexpensive jars of cinnamon and purchased ten of them. I figured it wasn't for eating, only for "scenting".

Though there are only two ingredients, this was actually more work than I expected. But, I'm sure by next season I'll be ready to do this again. My nose still can feel the cinnamon burning inside. The Boy did a lot of kneading and rolling, but his favorite was using the cookie cutters he picked out. He was a pro by the end of it.

No comments: