Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Wednesday



Curious about what exactly was cooking in that pot? It's my family's beloved seitan. The recipe is a modified version from Vegan with a Vengeance. I'm very anxious to purchase a copy of her new cookbook, Veganomicon. I usually either make the marinade for it or use a bbq sauce for marinade. Saute it up with onions and green bell peppers, and I serve it over some brown rice. So delicious and fairly easy.





I've also been working on some knitted gifts. That black hat is a modified version of Crazy Aunt Purl's knitted hat directions. Apparently though, my math was incorrect or maybe my son's head has grown. Either way, the green in the picture is a new hat I'm knitting for him. The boy has the same size head as his Dad, and he's 4.



And that is my coffee this morning. I know it looks really light, and that is how I drink it. I try not to get a lot of caffeine in my diet. My coffee is usually a half a finger coffee, and the rest of the mug is vanilla soymilk. A vegan cafe au lait, sort of. I didn't sleep well, as my neighbors left their poor dog outside all night and he barked the entire night. Of course, then there was the fighting cats for the other half of the night. I'm going to need a nap I think.

1 comment:

Likestrek said...

Actaully the "vegan cafe au lait" looks pretty good...