Thursday, December 6, 2007

Jokes

I've never been good at telling jokes. It doesn't matter how simple or complex the joke is. If I'm telling it, there will only be me laughing hysterically before the joke even hits the punch line.

My husband on the other hand excels at joke telling. He also keeps a register of thousands of jokes in his head at all times. I can't even guess the number of times I have been asked "Who is the most famous vegetable???". Give up? Elvis Parsley.

My son has taken quite an interest in joke telling. At this point he likes to take a favorite joke, such as: "What did one egg say to another egg??? Get CRACKIN!!", and turn it into another joke. Some variations are: "What did one bear say to another bear??? Get Crackin!" "What did one Christmas tree say to another Christmas tree??? Get MOVIN!" "What did one candy cane say to another candy cane?? Get Striping!!" I think you get the routine.

I love these jokes. He gets such happiness out of telling them because he loves to make people laugh. I'm hoping he inherited his Dad's joke telling capabilities, because otherwise....no one will know how funny some of the jokes he is trying to tell are.

1 comment:

Likestrek said...

Our 8 year old cousin in NH was at the same joke telling stage as the boy last I knew. I don't know what that says about either kid...