Wednesday, June 4, 2008

On Being Polite

I've always made a point of not forcing the Boy to say "Thank You", "Please" and "Your Welcome". I found if we just let him see us use these terms, it worked better. He picked it up early, and we were complimented on how polite he was at such a young age. Of course, there are days when he refuses to acknowledge anyone, but I chalk it up to random moods. After all, I don't always feel like being friendly either.

Today he was making the agonizing hour long decision about what he wanted to eat for lunch, and he decided on an almond butter and jelly sandwich. As we were walking out to the kitchen to make it he stood there with his hands on his hips and said loudly "Make my sandwich and cut OFF the crusts!!!!!!!!" I turned to look at him and said "That isn't how we ask for things, is it? How do we ask for things?" And he turned with this crazy grin and said "Mama, PLEASE make me an almond butter and jelly sandwich. You are the prettiest, nicest, silliest Mama in the whole wide world. Thank you VERY much."

He cracks me up. I let him cut the crusts off.

1 comment:

Likestrek said...

That is hilarious. I thought he was turning into Stewie Griffin from Family Guy for a minute there...