Monday, June 9, 2008

Letting Go


After a long conversation last night, I realize there are a lot of things I really need to finally let go of. Holding on to the negative aspects of my past is just making it difficult to move forward. Allowing those actions of other people to interfere with my life is allowing them to still have a grip on my life today.

I tend to draw in people who are negative. I've always befriended or been nice to those who stir up drama. I still get approached by strangers almost daily who want to share their problems or life with me. I always listen and offer a kind word, but then their pain seems to dwell within me for awhile. I think about it, and wonder how they are.

I also give certain people the benefit of the doubt. Even though, in most situations I should have let them go. I'm tired of spending the majority of my time with pent up anxiety and sadness that I should be moving on from.

I'm lucky that I have a wonderful husband. I am happy that my son can make me laugh at the drop of a hat. He changed my life, as I mention frequently on this blog. I am lucky that I went out on my own at 18, and made a life with my husband who was then my boyfriend.

So, putting this out there gives me something to be accountable for. I will go back to doing yoga daily. And, my first phone call this morning will be to my chiropractor. I should have called her long before. But, for now, the Boy and I are going to drink our smoothies in the lanai.

No comments: