Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Boy

We were woken up way to early, of course, by the Boy roaring into our room. I do mean roaring, like a tiger or lion. He stood at the foot of the bed to recite this: "One!! Two!! Three!!~Three!! Two!! One!!". We of course thought it was fantastic. Now each day he tries to go one number higher. He's up to six at this point, and erupts into a fit of giggles every time he completes it.

He's been sounding out words too. We spend a good chunk of our days reading, because my husband and I both love to read. The Boy naturally joins in, and sometimes "reads" us a story. It is one of my favorite parts of the day.

Cameras and picture taking have been a huge part of our days now. He is using my old camera, and I love to see what he's discovered when we go inside to download them. I can't believe he's going to be five in a few months. They grow so, so fast. I never believed it when people told me that when he was a baby. They were right.

No comments: