Thursday, May 29, 2008

How to Catch a Rooster



It's been a rough week around here. We were awakened a little over a week ago to breaking glass, smoke and fire trucks. Our next door neighbors house was on fire. Thankfully, no one was at home even their new puppy. No one was hurt, but their house is a disaster. The home can be salvaged, but there is a lot of work to be done.

They aren't staying at the house obviously, but have been coming every day to work on it and take care of their bunnies and chickens. They also have a rooster. While out in my lanai this morning I heard him crowing, as usual. Except, no only did I see him crowing....he was also running around. I walked over, but the neighbors weren't there.

We have helped when the puppy and bunnies got loose. But, a rooster? I don't know the first thing about catching a rooster. Once he realized he was free of his corral, he was very excited. I took a few pictures, and am anxiously awaiting my neighbors arrival. He doesn't seem like he can get out of their fenced in yard, unless he realizes he actually is able to. He sure is cute though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have had a rooster in our backyard for mths. We have set traps and only caught 2 squirrels and a bird and now a darn raccoon. NICE. Not! You think one would get use to the cock-a-doodle-doo. But No one around here can.

Cathy said...

It is hard to get used to the crowing! I'm sorry you haven't been able to catch him. Our neighbors got him back in his cage somehow. Which I could offer advice, but they are smart little guys!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!